”If you’ve ever been picked up from a private island with a helicopter, and dropped into unknown territory with a single mission to stop the end of the world within the next 24 hours, you’ll know what it’s like to be a DevOps Specialist.” This is a good example how the role of a DevOps Specialist can be described with a James Bond kind of an example. The life of a consultant is fast-paced and filled with complex situations, but then again it is nice to be the one people turn to with confidence when problems occur.
DevOps and DevSecOps can mean any number of things for different people, but first and foremost we are problem solvers who ride in to save the day. We adapt to any situation, bringing our own thoughts and idea out in a professional manner.
In addition to your tech skills, we expect you to thrive on challenges and personal development, as these will be important in this role. You love solving problems and have an entrepreneurial mindset. We’re very much a community and all we do is centred around a communal way of working. This is why it would be great if you like to do things together and be a part of making decisions in regard to the future of the company.
Technically you have experience and knowledge at least from some of the following topics:
- version control with Git
- Ansible, Terraform and other configuration tools
- Scripting and/or software development
- Cloud environments, skilled with AWS, Azure and Kubernetes
- DevOps tooling, GitHub/Gitlab/Jenkins, Docker and virtualisation knowledge
- Test automation tools used in automated software quality gates
- Built-in security, for example, by applying best security practices, security testing and use of unit and integration tests
- Realtime visualisation with tools like Grafana or Kibana (as example)
.. other interesting related tools
About Circles and what we offer
- a tight-knit work community that is genuinely different. We’d love to tell you more about it further on in the process
- vast influence: you get to have a say in practically all of the decisions being made
- a high salary for the field: the pay range for our consultants that are working on a project is between 6 500 – 10 500 €
- the financial stability of a larger organization and the other perks of a smaller one (influence, community, flexibility, your work has a genuine impact etc.)
- fantastic work benefits: lunch-, sports and culture-, transportation- and phone benefits as well as an internet connection for your home and a very comprehensive health insurance
- an extremely transparent work environment
- a certified work culture: we are Great place to work certified! 95% of our employees think Circles is a great place to work